Friday 6 January 2012

Crochet (Alice) Bunting Ta-Daahhh!

And it is finished!


Inspired by Alice who writes the wonderful blog - Crochet with Raymond, I slowly worked my way through some lovely Alice-inspired bunting..I didn't follow her pattern exactly as I am clearly not able to read patterns as well as I thought, but it all worked out somehow in the end.

Last night, after I put a poorly Baby F to bed (an evil tick bit his head a few days ago. It sucked his blood and gave him an infection - I hate ticks. Country-folk beware, they are flippin' everywhere!) and then kissed goodnight to his big brother, I snuck back down and opened my new copy of Country Living


I turned just a few pages and then had the overwhelming urge to hook up some more bunting..so off I went..yey!
And soon it was time to add the white 'ribbon' to hang it off. I chained and chained
It was looking a little chunky there for a while. But, after a little while it was done. And apart from me being too wimpy to stay on the top step-ladder long enough to hang it right, or having a decent camera to photograph it with, it was done. I had made crochet bunting and, I am proud to say, it makes the whole dull ugly wall area, much, MUCH nicer - hooraaayyy!

And here it is. I think once this room is finally done, I might do a before and after of the whole room. I think it would make for interesting reading or a terrifying horror story?

I must say THANK-YOU to Alice of Crochet With Raymond as she inspired me, and in turn, she is the reason my formerly hideous corner of room, now looks much happier! Thanks Alice.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment